53 Greengate Street, Stafford
- Now Sold
- Offers in region of £485,000
1,598 sq.ft. (148.46 sq.m.)
- Currently let to Thorntons Plc
- Producing £30,000 per annum net
- Five year FRI lease from 31st January 2014
- Tenant break option on 31st January 2017
- Prime trading location
- Adjacent to Co-op Travel and Yorkshire Bank
- Opposite Starbucks, Country Casuals, Clintons and Greenwoods
- WH Smith, McDonald's, Waterstones, Boots and Carphone Warehouse close by
The property is prominently situated in the town centre on the west side of the pedestrianised Greengate Street, between its junctions with Market Square and St Mary's Passage and immediately adjacent to CO-OP TRAVEL and YORKSHIRE BANK. Branches of MCDONALDS, SAVERS, STARBUCKS, CARPHONE WAREHOUSE, CLINTONS, TIMPSON, W H SMITH, COUNTRY CASUALS and WATERSTONES are in the immediate vicinity.
The property comprises a retail unit of three-storey brick and tile construction with a timber framed shop front and provides a sales area on the ground floor together with ancillary stockroom space at first and second floor levels.
The property is currently tenanted by Thorntons plc on a lease expiring in 2019 and the availability of the freehold interest offers an ideal opportunity for a purchaser to acquire a high street investment on a part of the town's trading thoroughfare that has seen little tenant turnover in recent years.