The Former Moderation, Green Lane, Rugeley
- For Sale
- Offers in region of £875,000
4,115 sq.ft. (382.3 sq.m.)
- Prominent roadside position
- Serving a densely populated residential area
- Located at the entrance to a neighbourhood parade
- Let to A F Blakemore and Son Limited trading as “Spar”
- Nineteen space customer and staff car park
- Fifteen year lease from October 2014 producing £62,270 per annum
The property is prominently situated in the densely populated Springfields residential area and located on the north side of Green Lane between its junctions with Hawthorn Way and Glenhaven, at the entrance to the Fernwood Drive Neighbourhood Shopping Parade and about one mile north-west from Rugeley Town Centre.
Originally the Moderation Public House, the property was redeveloped in 2014 to provide a convenience store and is of part single, part two-storey brick construction with a roof in tile designed to provide extensive L-shaped retail space on the ground floor with ancillary accommodation at mezzanine level. Customer access is through an aluminium framed glazed door from a surfaced car park leading off a shared service road.
The property is currently subject to a lease to A F Blakemore and Son Limited trading as a "Spar" outlet and its availability offers an ideal opportunity for a purchaser to acquire a freehold investment of a type that appears infrequently on the local market.